I just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving! (for those of you in other countries, Thanksgiving is a mostly North American "harvest celebration" type of holiday.) It's the time of the year where many of us pause to reflect on all of the things that we are thankful for.
Practicing gratitude, and thanks is something that I do on a weekly, sometimes DAILY basis. I think it's super important to give yourself a reality check from time to time!
I have A WEALTH of people and things to be grateful for. I'm not going to list it all, but here's maybe the top 10 or so...
1. People that I love. Brian, family (pets included) and friends. SUCH good people on that list!
2. Good Health. For myself and the people in #1
3. A roof over my head and food on the table. It might not be the fanciest house, or the fanciest food, but we have everything that we need.
4. My talent.
5. The opportunity to do what I'm good at and what I love for a living.
6. Grit. (balls, perseverance, backbone, determination, whatever you want to call it.)
7. Being able to go to sleep at night knowing that I try to be a decent person.
8. Self respect.
10. Art, music, creativity - this is a shout out to all of those like minded people putting their heart and soul out there for the world to see and enjoy.
11. Freedom. As much as some of some my fellow countrymen might complain about government, taxes, whatever, the reality of the situation is that we are pretty damned lucky that we are here.
12. Thinking for myself. I don't follow the herd. My whole life I have either been thought of as a "weird outcast" or "unique individual" because of this. Depending on your outlook, one might sound more appealing than the other but I'm totally okay with either. " I yam who I yam" if you know what I mean. It's all good!
13. Happiness, in general.
And so on...
What are YOU thankful for?